I've been in LA for over a month now, and my time here is coming to a close in just a few weeks. While I've been here, I've come to realize that no matter what, there is no way I will ever gain "too cool for school" status by living in Hollywood. There is no way I will can ever become one of those people who comes home for a visit and everyone mentions how "LA" I am. Why? Simply because I am just literally not that cool. Here is a list of reasons why I will forever remain a strug, no matter the affect of Los Angeles:
1. I always look awkward getting out of my car. If I had a reality show, there would be a weekly montage of me getting out of my car in the most awkward way possible. I can never make exiting a car look smooth and graceful. I'm usually trying to keep the door open while grabbing my bag and whatever else I need from my car. Often the car door shuts on me (especially if I'm on a hill). Sometimes I park too close to the car next to me and have to squeeze out of the car while getting my huge bag...it's usually a hot mess.
2. My inability to keep track of sunglasses. I have to buy cheap sunglasses because I break or loose about five pairs a summer. Yesterday I went to the Galaxy soccer game for the 4th of July and lost my sunglasses amidst the soccer insanity. I also lost my ticket after getting it scanned coming into the stadium. That's another story.
3. The whole sandal-breaking-thing in Beverly Hills. Enough said.
4. At my internship I answer the phones. Literally every time the security guard calls up to tell me to come down and get the mail, I think he is saying "I have Mel for you". I always respond, "May I ask what this is regarding?" And then he acts confused and I realize "Mel"= mail. Every. Single. Time.
5. This past Friday I went to a restaurant called "Koi" a hotspot in LA. I got all dressed up with a romper and blazer and some sandal high heels. I had to go to the restroom, and on the way there, while I was walking confidently in my cute outfit and high heels, I tripped over something and fell into a split formation in front of the entire restaurant. One of the waitresses helped me up and was so worried, asking me if okay. I told her, "Don't worry about it, I'm used to it. This happens to me all the time".
So...I guess the moral of the story is, don't ever worry about me getting too cool for school. Just when I think I'm about to be smooth and slick, it backfires and I am humbled yet again. I will say though, that I've gotten really good at maintaining my tan.